BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mathias
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I would like to make a web interface to read & edit SAS tables in real-time.

I only know of STP to communicate between a web-page and SAS but it's a one-way communication: you send parameters to a STP and the STP executes and does something.

Does someone know a method to

• display some sas dataset information into a webpage (separate server)
  • send an update from the page to the sas dataset (this I can do with a normal STP but it would be clunky : open a tab, execute and close the tab when finished)
  • update the webpage with the new dataset

?

Any idea/input is welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would imagine your best bet is to speak directly to SAS about a solution for this.  They have various packages where you can get reports, and edit data.  It would probably be easier than building your own solution which would need security, the interfaces, the back end database/store, plus the required licenses.  True the package wil cost, but is it more or less than all that effort yourself?

Also, why not use a database?  Even something free you should be able to link in a database to a web page front end, bit of PHP script.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you know intermediate web development (javascript, css and html) it's not too difficult to create chained stored processes.

I would have one stored process that has all the javascript, css and HTML code required to generate the webpage, then I would have a separate stored process that is called by the page to perform the server-side SAS code that updates the dataset with the parameters passed through the URL string.  Done like this you can implement AJAX calls pretty easily to update the page with updated data each time the changes are committed.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would imagine your best bet is to speak directly to SAS about a solution for this.  They have various packages where you can get reports, and edit data.  It would probably be easier than building your own solution which would need security, the interfaces, the back end database/store, plus the required licenses.  True the package wil cost, but is it more or less than all that effort yourself?

Also, why not use a database?  Even something free you should be able to link in a database to a web page front end, bit of PHP script.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation