BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jan1204
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have made a stored process within an Enterprise Guide project. This project exists of a couple of program-entries.
In the Metadata we have declared a library. In EG we use the meta-table-objects to link to the program-entries, so if we create a stored process the LIB-ID will be stored within the stored process.
This works.

Now we want to promote the stored process to another environment (production-server). In this environment the same library is also declared via the Metadata, but with a different LIB-ID.
We have promoted the stored process via the Management Console: export in the development-environment and import in the production-environment.
What we see, is that the LIB-ID, after import, is still the same as from the development-environment. So, this will not work on the new environment.

What can we do, besides manually change the ID in the stp-program, to make this change automatically?
4 REPLIES 4
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Why are you using LIBID? Can you use the library name instead?

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
Jan1204
Calcite | Level 5
Maybe i have to explain a bit more. And sorry, the Subject-text is not quit right! It should be: "How to keep libname in promoted Stored Process?".

In the programs I use the library-name to use the sas-datasets. That will be obvious, I think.
In the project, from which I will create a Stored Process, I add the meta-objects for the sas-datasets.
By generating the Stored Process from the collection of program-entries and meta-table-objects, SAS will add the libname and libid to the Stored Process-sascode.
Example:
Libname B6RPAR META libid=A5Z3O213.AZ00002O;

If we promote this Stored Process to another level (from Dev to Test or Prod), where also this same library is allocated, the stored process will not execute. The reason is, the allocated library has a different LIBID.
So, what can we do to make the Stored Process work properly?
mgst170
SAS Employee
Hi,

Instead of using the libid to find the library in Metadata, try using the libref defined in Metadata instead.

Libname B6RPAR META library='B6RPAR';

So, assuming your library names are consistent between Dev/Test/Prod, this should work after promotion.

Cheers.
Jan1204
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks,

It works.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation