BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chandru1dev
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

Can anybody guide me how to handle the options of a stored process through codes.
I need to execute a stored process with the List options = Single value.
How can I handle this throught sas code.

Thanks,
Chandru.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Not exactly sure what you mean about "how to handle the options of a stored process through codes." When you register the parameters in the metadata, that is when you define whether a parameter can have a single value or multple values.

When the end user starts up the stored process, the metadata definitions are used to tell the prompting interface how to present the parameter to the end user and whether to allow single value input or multiple value input for a parameter. This happens automatically, depending on the client application that is being used to submit the stored process.

Is your question about how to REGISTER the stored process parameters in the metadata using code??? Or is your question about how to supply parameter values in code (such as when you submit a stored process via URL)?

cynthia
chandru1dev
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia,

Actually, I refresh the metadata(using unix script), to dynamically pick the parameters from a parameter dataset.
But every time I refresh the metadata, the options of the stored process changes.

Initially, I keep the stored process option to select single value for each parameter.
After I refresh and execute the stored process, I get the option of selecting multiple values (which I don't need).

Thanks,
Chandru
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Interesting approach. I really don't know enough about refreshing the metadata in batch mode via a Unix script to be of any help. I really like SAS Management Console for managing stored processes and so far, have not experienced a need to create/manage stored process using anything other than SAS Mangement Console.

For more help with your Unix script and the parameter behavior after you run the script, I would suggest that you open a track with Tech Support.

To open a track with Tech Support, go to:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation