BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jl1005
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I think I'd need a stored process to accomplish what I'd like. I'm using a prompt to select a list of names from a data set, but the data set has 1,400 rows, so it's tedious to scroll through and find each name. So I'd like to create a cascading prompt where the user can enter the first 2-3 letters of a persons name, then have another dynamic list which will list the results of the search.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the filtering would be done through a stored process. But I'm just running a local sas installation, with programs only being run on the local server with no metadata server setup, which is the reason I don't think I can create stored processes.

So is there a better way to accomplish this, or would I need to setup a metadata server in order to do this?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
jl1005
Obsidian | Level 7

Unfortunately, I checked, and do not have the license for a metadata server, so I'm unable to create the cascading prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about selecting names in a better manner, or am stuck having to scroll through the entire list to select each name?

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't fully understand why you need a stored process, are you using SAS EG?

If so you can use a dynamic prompt. By default you can search for values using that prompt 🙂

Sorry 'bout the swedish, hope you get it.

//Fredrik

pmt_search.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation