BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All,

I wnat to create report which will following functionality :-

if user A has logged in the all current filter should show A in value.  Currenlt i am taking filter value for one table and it is showing all distance vales along with A.

Is this possible in Stored process? How can i acheive this ??

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the reserved macro variables &_metauser, &_rmtuser and &_username to identify the user that requests the stored process.

And please do some proofreading of your posts before hitting the submit button. Your post is very hard to read, especially for people who are not native English speakers themselves.

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

really Sorry for my english.

I have one more doubt how create filter from _metauser varible?

I want to achive if user A logged in filter prompts it should get only Values for user A only not for other users.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Step one: verify that _metauser or another of the named macro variables contains the name you want when a STP executes (write a simple STP that just displays the macro variables)

Step two: verify that the username so derived matches the username in the datasets you use for building the filter

Step three: from what I know, one can't define a where condition for dynamic data in prompts. So you might have to do two STPs in succession:

- STP1 generates a HTML form with the subset of values that you want

- the form then calls (on submit) STP2 (which is your current STP) with the values from the HTML form in the URL

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation