BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shamdan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Do you know if there is a way through the REST webservices interface in SAS 9.4 to query what are the parameters that a stored process takes as input?

Previously in the 9.2 foundation services one is able to query what are the parameter names and types that a specific stored process takes as input.  I believe this was done using RMI to the Metadata Server.  I can't find anywhere in the documentation where we can query a stored process through the BI web services (REST) for the parameters it uses.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

One can get the WSDL of a Stored Process, this will also return input- and outputparameters defined. You simply add "?wsdl" after the call to the Stored Process (WebService), see example below.

The returned value is a XML that describes the Stored Process and its parameters as they are surfaced to the WebService

http://host:port/SASBIWS/services/sasfolderPath/stpName?wsdl

I am not aware of a REST service, that will give this information for a stored process, unless you build it yourself.

Bruno

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can also try this (no space between colon and "port"):

http://host: port/SASStoredProcess/do?_action=properties,xml&_program=/sasfolderPath/stpName

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation