BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Grandhi4
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

What is the 'Full form of Stored Processes' ?

Thanks,

Suresh

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

This is a nearly impossible question to answer. In what context did you see the phrase "full form of stored processes"? Can you provide the sentence or paragraph or reference where the whole phrase can be seen in context. This phrase could refer to many different things.

cynthia

Grandhi4
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

Well i was attended a one interview in last week @ Bangalore in the interview panel asked me what is the full form of 'stored processes' in SAS BI !?

Thanks,

Suresh

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Well, I don't know what they mean by "full form". I guess I would have answered the question like this:

"I don't understand what you mean by "full form" -- However, a SAS stored process is a SAS program, that is stored in a special repository. And, what differentiates a stored process from a "regular" SAS program is the extra metadata defined for each stored process, such as server information, program name, input parameters and result types. A SAS stored process needs to have a metadata definition  Once a SAS stored process has been registered in the metadata, depending on what type of results have been defined, the stored process can be run on client applications in the SAS BI Platform -- and the results will come back as appropriate for the client app. So, if the stored process is run in Powerpoint, the results come directly back to a PowerPoint slide; if the stored process is run in Microsoft Word then the results come back to a Word document; if the stored process is run in SAS Web Report Studion, then the results come back to the Web Report Studio interface. To me, the "full form" of a SAS stored process means the SAS program itself AND the metadata that defines the program and input parameters and output type"

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation