BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Donna_Elaine
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

I have a stored process that displays the output of a PROC REPORT to an HTML. One of the fields in the PROC REPORT is a text field having more than 200 characters. The stored process is failing with an error as shown in the log snapshot below. It seems like there is a maximum number of characters for the put statement. Is that right? Please let me know how I may be able to fix this issue.

Thank you!

Regards,
Donna

MPRINT(RMT_MANAGE_PAGE): put 'Donna Montesclaros';
WARNING: Truncated record.
3220 +put 'Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test comment Thjis is a test

3220 !+comment Thjis i
3221 +put '';
_
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, arrayname, #, (, +, /, //, ;, @, @@, OVERPRINT, _ALL_, _BLANKPAGE_, _ODS_, _PAGE_.

_
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm confused, because PROC REPORT does not support the PUT statement, it supports only the LINE statement. Is there perhaps OTHER code (such as a DATA _NULL_) in your program that is writing your own <TD> tag????

There are two different limits you could be running into with a PUT statement -- 1) the allowed line length for submitted program code statements -- and this Tech Support note has more information about this line length:
http://support.sas.com/kb/5/953.html
or
2) the allowed line length (or LRECL) of the FILE to which your PUT statement writes. Usually, for a stored process, you write to _WEBOUT, a reserved FILEREF. For more information about writing directly to _WEBOUT with PUT statements, refer to page 116 in the Stored Process Developer's Guide:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/stpug/61271/PDF/default/stpug.pdf

You might want to open a track with Tech Support on this issue. It seems unlikely to me that the issue is with PROC REPORT code and more likely that it is something else.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation