BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bluedog
Calcite | Level 5

How do I edit the HTML associated with a SP using the SMC?

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

In what way "associated"?

Bluedog
Calcite | Level 5

I create stored procedures that I execute as web apps.  I use the SMC to define metadata, prompts, location of source code, etc.  Just want to know how to edit the HTML.  I've seen some documentation that writes to webout programatically.  Can the HTML be edited and saved?

Quentin
Super User

So your stored proces uses %stpbegin / %stpend to stream results to web browser, using Stored Process Web App?

Yes, it is possible to have a stored process write the html results to a file instead of sending the results to _webout.

If you add:

%let _odsoptions=&_odsoptions file="/mydir/myfile.htm " ;

before you call %stpbegin, the results will be written to myfile.htm instead of going to _webout.

If you want to then "manually" edit the html, I suppose you could do that with a data _null_ step.

And then could stream the edited html back to _webout.

Not sure this is a great path to go down (there are a lot of ways to produce custom html without manually editing the html), but should be possible.

HTH,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation