BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FredGIII
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

During my search I found a discussing indicating that Conditional Processing code was not exported to a STP in EG 4.2 but was being looked at for a future release. Based on my quick attempt at a STP it appears that conditional processing is still not supported in EG 5.1.  Can anyone confirm this? Or am I doing something wrong (entirely likely Smiley Happy ).

Thanks,

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

LOL, Fred. From I have collected, correct me if I am wrong:

what you have: A project flow with some possible query builders, tasks, and charts and reports, within which you have prompts in charge of "conditional processing".

what you want: to turn the whole thing into STP

If what I have gathered is correct, then I am afraid that you will have to do some reading and then some coding in order to embed these prompts. I have been there. EG sometimes is not smart enough to auto-generate STP codes with prompts, especially complicated prompts, such as cascade prompts, prompts groups etc. What I did is to read this book:The 50 Keys to Learning SAS Stored Processes: Must have guide for SAS Developers: Tricia Aanderud, A...

Trust me, it worth every penny.

Good Luck,

Haikuo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

I am afraid your description is too vague. "Conditional processing" is a general term. It could mean IF-THEN within data step, it could also mean %IF-%THEN in Macros, it could also mean PROMPTS implementation, all of these can be related to "Conditional processing" and all are supported by STP. Please specify what you have, and what outcome you are looking for, as detailed as possible, and don't assume we can read your mindSmiley Wink, we can't.

Regards,

Haikuo

FredGIII
Quartz | Level 8

Sorry Hai.Kuo Smiley Happy

I thought in the context of the heading that it was clear. What I am referring to is the conditional branching within EG5.1.  I have a result table and based on a PROMPT  (user selects which report to output), then a specific Pareto Chart is run.  But when I try to turn that into a STP, I get a message:

One or more items in the process flow cannot be included as part of the SAS program....

And looking at the code generated by the STP wizard, I see:

/* --- Problem: Unable to express task in SAS code.  --- */

Hopefully I have explained myself clearly enough. If not, let me know. You can't read my mind because it's a jumbled mess, you would just get lost Smiley Happy.

Regards,

Fred

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

LOL, Fred. From I have collected, correct me if I am wrong:

what you have: A project flow with some possible query builders, tasks, and charts and reports, within which you have prompts in charge of "conditional processing".

what you want: to turn the whole thing into STP

If what I have gathered is correct, then I am afraid that you will have to do some reading and then some coding in order to embed these prompts. I have been there. EG sometimes is not smart enough to auto-generate STP codes with prompts, especially complicated prompts, such as cascade prompts, prompts groups etc. What I did is to read this book:The 50 Keys to Learning SAS Stored Processes: Must have guide for SAS Developers: Tricia Aanderud, A...

Trust me, it worth every penny.

Good Luck,

Haikuo

FredGIII
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Haikuo;

I suspected as much.  That's ok, I am comfortable with writing SAS code and Macro's.  I was just hoping that the STP wizard would make my life easier.  Thanks for confirming though.

Fred

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation