BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
i've build a Stored Process based on the "Sample: Multiple Output Formats" stored process. I want to extend this by adding filter capabilities using html selectboxes.

Depending on the selected dataset, i want to fill the corresponding filter selectboxes.

For example, after selecting a dataset, i want to fill the filter selextbox with the names of all fields of this dataset.

Any ideas how to do this
- with bare jsp scripts?
- with ajax techniques?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You may wish to work with SAS Tech Support on this task. There are several different ways to do what you want to do and Tech Support has the people with the expertise to point you in the right direction, depending on whether you want SAS to generate the second form or whether you want to use Web Services or servlets or .... .

Reviewing the web application at this documentation site:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/sesssamp.html may give you some ideas of what a SAS solution to build the forms would look like.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Ralph,

of course if you don't want to create a complex GUI , ajax and stored process via SAS Stored Process Web application is a good (and easy to implement) way ...

BR,

Greg
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a question along the same lines...

I'm interested in writing a simple custom GUI to running stored procs that pull the parameters dynamically from another data source (using ASP.NET). I already have a proof of concept, which actually works just fine. However, there is one major step that I cannot determine how to skirt.

The ASP.NET/HTML interface I have is actually inserted into our information delivery portal as a link. Therefore, whenever someone clicks the link, it opens up the interface right within the IDP. The user can choose options and click submit to see their report. The problem comes about right there. The user is then asked to authenticate again. That leads me to believe that whenever a user runs a stored proc from the IDP via SAS's interface, there is some way that SAS takes care of that authentication in the background.

Here comes the question:
What can I do with my little ASP.NET page to take care of that authentication? The user had already been authenticated through the IDP and I'd rather them not be asked to authenticate again.

Any suggestions, solutions, documentation?

Thanks in advance!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation