Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

Dynamic list prompts - not populated

Reply
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 14

Dynamic list prompts - not populated

Hi I have created a SP with multiple dynamic list prompts, all of which work perfectly except for one - nothing is displayed in the prompt, even if I remove all dependancies. It is based on an Oracle view which does contain data. I have another prompt that is based on a different Oracle view, which works. The only difference I can see, is that the SAS metadata for the view is in my own folder (see attachment) - could that cause a problem? I am stumped!
Capture.JPG
Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: Dynamic list prompts - not populated

Make sure that the SAS General Servers group has access to your folder. The stored process server runs under the operating system account that is attached to this group.

Read Metadata is required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 14

Re: Dynamic list prompts - not populated

Thanks. I registered the table in the folder that is used for all other filters now, but it still doesn't work...any other ideas?

Super User
Posts: 6,936

Re: Dynamic list prompts - not populated

[ Edited ]

Most of those problems come from authorization. Make sure that both the General Servers group and the user (individually or through a group, SASUSERS if all registered users shall have access) requesting the STP have access (not just to the folder, but the table/view itself).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Regular Learner
Posts: 1

Re: Dynamic list prompts - not populated

Hi, I recently had an issue with a dynamic list prompt that looks similar to yours. Prompt values were correctly displayed when testing it via the Stored Process Properties window... but no values were displayed for the prompt when calling the Stored Process from Excel. The only thing I pointed out was that the name of the Physical Table used as Data source for the prompt wasn't the same as the name of its definition in the metadata (which normally shouldn't be a problem). I did update the properties to have the same name at all levels and it worked!

Hope it may help you.

 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 169 views
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation