BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8
Guys,
My stored process is one where my user enters his user name and password to be used in a pass through query.
I have blocked the error log for the user and so.
My problem is that there could be a connection issue because of which an error can occur or The user might have entered an incorrect password.
Will i be able to customise and print an error message on each situation.

I.e. will i be able to identify that my error was due to an incorrect password or due to a connectivty issues.

Please Guide
2 REPLIES 2
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You can check return codes in SAS and then handle error conditions. As a start, take a look at the information presented here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/sclref/59578/HTML/default/a000149936.htm

The techniques discussed there should work in DATA Step code.

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8
Vince,
Thanks for directing in the right path.

Found the following macros to be exactly what i required.

&sysdbmsg / &sysdbrc / &sqlxmsg / &sqlxrc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation