BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Madhup
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using Excel VBA to run a SAS program. As per my understanding, I need to create a SAS Stored Process on Metadata server in order to call this process from VBA. However, is there a way to create the stored process on my Local (My system) server ? I want ot do this so that I can create my entire project on VBA before migrating to the server.

The SAS EG installed on my system does not allow me to create a Stored process when connected to 'Local'. Please let know a way to accomplish this

Thanks,

Madhup

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't think this is possible. Stored processes are stored in SAS metadata which requires a metadata server, and then must be run on a Stored Process server which would be running on your SAS App server. Your local server cannot provide these capabilities.

You could test out the code that you are intending to use in the stored procedure though.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation