BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
When I run the following piece of code I get an error.

Workspace ws = (Workspace)wsm.Workspaces.CreateWorkspaceByServer("",
SASWorkspaceManager.Visibility.VisibilityProcess, null, "", "", out
errorMessage);

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:

0x80080005
Server execution failed

I'm on an XP SP3 machine and i'm trying to run this locally. I have SAS 9.1 installed on my current machine. I tried SAS.EXE /REGSERVER but that didn't seem to do anything.

Thank You
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you trying to execute a SAS Stored Process? Given the fact that you are writing a custom app or service, my suggestion is that you contact SAS Tech Support for help with your specific configuration and program.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,
I'm currently just trying to return data to my web page from SAS.
I have code that will work in a windows forms app but it is not working in my C# web app. I feel like i'm missing some type of setting. That error is XML but i'm not sure how it works with SAS. I would like to contact the tech support but I don't think my boss would like that so i'm on my own.

Another error that is more the likely the reason for my other error is when I try to do
Workspace wSAS = new Workspace();

I get this:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {440196D4-90F0-11D0-9F41-00A024BB830C} failed due to the following error: 80080005.

Thank you
Jerry Message was edited by: Jerry8989
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
That's too bad. I don't understand why some folks think that contacting Tech Support is undesirable. There's an easy on-line form you can fill out. Tech Support has the most expertise on other languages and programming methods (like .com and .net and C#) and they have access to a lot of different versions of SAS and different operating systems so that they could try to duplicate what you're doing and see if they get the same error message.And if Tech Support first level can't figure out what's going on with your problem, they are the ones who can escalate the question to a higher level of support. Especially when it might come down to settings or configuration issues, I think they are the best resource for SAS programmers -- especially if you are encountering error messages.

Maybe someone else has some ideas. But since this is not a Stored Process question, you may not find many folks in this forum using C# the way that you are(to return data to a custom web app).

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation