BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
John_d_WiseGuy
Fluorite | Level 6
My Stored Process is running in the stored process web app. I am chaining the stored processes and writing streaming HTML. On one of my screens a SAS error is automatically recognized by the stored process server and it displays the handy button to show the log. On another screen I have a SAS error, but no button shows up.

Anybody know why?

Is it possible that the STP server is detecting a system error condition inside SAS and that some "errors" are "seen" by the server (such as syntax errors), but other errors such as my own %put ERROR: Business user picked wrong stuff; are not "seen" as errors and therefore do not cause the handy show log button to display?

Is there a programmatic way to trigger the "show log" button on the server in my code?
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Please provide information about what is considered a "SAS error" in both cases, ideally pasting part the SASLOG into your forum post reply.

Techniques for generating errors, both in a DATA step, and a macro (compilation) execution are fairly straightforward. There is an ABORT ABEND statement in SAS DATA step processing. Also, there is a SAS %ABORT statement in Macro language.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

SAS MACRO language DOC - %ABORT Statement
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/mcrolref/61885/HTML/default/a002475061.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation