BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
L_R
Fluorite | Level 6 L_R
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, How to automatically cleanup the stored process temp space after the process is complete.

Trix
4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It's been a while since I used those in this extent, but these are my best guesses:

I take it that you refer to data in the WORK library?

Temporary data is connected to a session. When the session exist/expires, the temporary data is removed.

If you are concerned about storage use, add a PROC DATASETS step to remove tables that you don't longer need.

Do you have a specific issue that you are trying to resolve?

Data never sleeps
L_R
Fluorite | Level 6 L_R
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, Thank you for the response. Acutally i am talking about the temp space. The temp space is not getting cleaned up once the session is over. Thank you

Trix
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If the stored process SAS WORK space is not being deleted at the end then I think you need to investigate why that is happening. Does this happen with all stored process runs or just some? If a stored process finishes cleanly and completely the allocated WORK folder should be deleted.

L_R
Fluorite | Level 6 L_R
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes it happens with all stored process.

Trix

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation