BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndersBergquist
Quartz | Level 8
I have finalized a EG-project I want to publish as a Store Process. The problem is I got this error message:

"Unable to make a connection to the metadata server possibly due to missing or bad OMR configuration file(s)."

Searching on Googles point me to a note on SAS homepage which tell me it is a problem with prompts, but not what problem and how to solve the problem.

Can someone help me?
9 REPLIES 9
AndersBergquist
Quartz | Level 8
After some investigation, I think everything come done to the fact that Store Processes is not compatible with EG conditional processing.
AndersBergquist
Quartz | Level 8
Problem solved.
It is a bug in SAS which does only accept US letters in the branchnames. I will rapport this to support.
AndersBergquist
Quartz | Level 8
Problem is not solved.
I think Store Processes does not support Conditional processing.
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Is there any SAS Usage note regarding this? My client is facing a similar issue.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

is it a dynamic prompt using a dataset as input (9.2 and later)?

In that case there are undocumented requirements possible indicating a design/coding error by SAS institute.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, Jaap

The same error occured in my EG project that have a dynamic prompt using a dataset. (EG 6.1)

Where can I get the undocumented requirements that you mentioned?

Or should I ask tech support?

Thanks inadvance.

Shen

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You should surely contact TS for that.

The directio I am aiming at is that conditional prompts dynamic prompts are processed before your process has been started. Not necessary sharing the same Sas session or even not necessary sharing the same app server.

When that is the real root cause that is a sas design and sas implemtation error. The common behavior of SAS TS is avoiding that kind of internal Sas trouble and going for bypasses instead.

So be sure on what you requirements are and implementation is.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Jaap

I'll contact TS for that.

jwillis
Quartz | Level 8

I had a similar issue and developed a workaround.

*Make certain that your code contains the following *ProcessBody;   %stpbegin;   %stpend; statements in the right places.

*Make certain that your code defines all macro variables as global.  This works best for me if I place the %global before the *ProcessBody;.

*Have a general understanding of the macro %_eg_WhereParam

*If your macro variable can contain many values, be sure to understand the macroname0, macroname and &macroname_count macro variables.  My macro variable is named      brand.  The Stored Process prompt returned the macro variables "brand", "brand0" and "brand_count".  The number of brand variables I found are brand1 to brand&brand_count.

%macro bildin(bran=&brand.);

%let sp = ,;

%if %sysevalf(&brand_count) = %sysevalf(1) %then %do;

%let brandlst = "&bran.";

%end;

%else %do;

%let brandlst =;

%do k = 1 %to %sysevalf(&brand_count.);

%if &k. = 1 %then %let brandlst = %quote("&&brand&k.");

%else %let brandlst = %qsysfunc(catx(%quote(&sp.),&brandlst.,%QUOTE("&&brand&k.")));

%end;

%if k = %sysevalf(&brand_count.) %then %do;

%let brandlst = %quote(&brandlst.);

%end;

%end;

%mend bildin;

%bildin;

I used the &brandlist macro this way.

WHERE t1.BRAND NOT IS MISSING

AND t1.BRAND IN 

(

%UNQUOTE(&BRANDLST.)

)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation