BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
krusader
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there a way to hard-code _username and _password macro variables in a stored process to be passed as login credentials when executed from SAS Stored Process Web?

For testing purposes I'm trying to execute my stored process from a link like this, and to have the hard-coded credentials in the program do the authentication:

http://server-name.com:8080/SASStoredProcess/do?_program=/path/to/program

I've spent a lot of time researching and I've seen how input parameters can be specified in the URL, so I'm not looking for that. I am wondering if the program code itself can do the authentication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

This is not possible. Your client browser must make a POST request with the user/pass to the /SASLogon app in order to retrieve a session ID to make the SASStoredProcess web app happy to talk to it. The SPWA doesn't / can't deal with auth stuff directly.

If this is a requirement you should seriously consider Configuring anonymous access for the SAS® Stored Process Web Application, and then limiting the STPs the anonymous users are able to execute by restricting the webanon@saspw metadata user.

Nik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

This is not possible. Your client browser must make a POST request with the user/pass to the /SASLogon app in order to retrieve a session ID to make the SASStoredProcess web app happy to talk to it. The SPWA doesn't / can't deal with auth stuff directly.

If this is a requirement you should seriously consider Configuring anonymous access for the SAS® Stored Process Web Application, and then limiting the STPs the anonymous users are able to execute by restricting the webanon@saspw metadata user.

Nik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation