BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am aware that to print variables in headers on reports, you should use the NOBYLINE option and the #byval option in a header. However, while that works well in Enterprise Guide, tech support says it won't work in Web Report Studio. Is there another way to get variables to show up in headers? We don't have the latest/greatest fixes to our SAS products, so that is the main reason I'm wondering if there is a way to accomplish what I want.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I am completely confused by this. When I run the SP in this forum posting, then NOBYLINE and #BYVAL does work just fine -- in EG, in the Add-in and in Web Report Studio, too
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1894&tstart=0

I really think you should go back to Tech Support for more clarification. Is it really NOBYLINE that's the problem or is there something else (like a LINE statement) in your PROC REPORT code?????

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Cynthia,

I'm confused too. Here is the info that SAS Tech Support sent me to:

NOBYLINE option in Stored Process prevents display of report in SAS Web Report Studio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a Web Report Studio report is built with a Stored Process and the
code in the Stored Process contains a BY statement together with the
NOBYLINE option, the output does not display in the Web Report Studio
window. There are no error messages returned in the Web Report Studio
or the Stored Process logs.

To circumvent the problem, remove the OPTIONS NOBYLINE from Stored
Process code.

So....on one side, you are saying that NOBYLINE works just fine, yet Tech Support sent me to the above linked message.

What I ended up doing, and it worked just fine, was to re-enter the lines of code for the stored process, and of course used NOBYLINE, and the stored process worked. I'm going to now compare my original stored process code to the recently re-written stored process and see if I can find any glitches.

So you think you're completely confused?? That makes two of us! Thanks for replying...it's appreciated!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation