BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5

Is there any Function that lists the IdentityGroups that the metadata user is a member. Something similar to

%let _metauser = %scan(%sysfunc(getoption(METAUSER)),1,'@');

SAS.IdentityGroups is available in Information maps, I want to know if a similar function is available in Stored process for applying Row level security?

5 REPLIES 5
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5

After Looking around, I could tell that there is no option available to access the SAS.IdentityGroups from the SAS Code. However as a work around for applying the Row level Security based on the groups we can apply the row-level security based on Groups at the information map level and access the information map from the SAS Stored Process.

RSB

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Couldn't you use the MDSec macros to determine the SAS groups the user is a member of?

Located in the Foundation Macros location.

Barry

milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I think it's possible if you know to how to use the SAS Open Metadata Interface.

rkgrc000
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I came across this thread trying to do something similar and, while I don't have a solution for my needs yet, I wanted to share this paper (http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/293-2013.pdf), which seems promising.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Check: SAS(R) 9.3 Guide to BI Row-Level Permissions (Level Permissions) It is the basics why and how to use.

SAS(R) 9.3 Guide to BI Row-Level Permissions (Secure Environment for BI Row-Level Permissions ) is about all te requirements.

This is only a functional approach when you think of your users being marionets and not for the more advanced miners and not for the real business analysts.

The mdsec macro usually is for platform admins the analyse and synchronise to AD/LDAP.

When you SP processes are isolatted for the marionets you can force the use of the information maps.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation