BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ieva
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I want to calculate winsorized means for quite many (several thousands) of class variables and later use these results in other procedures so I need to get them in data set.

With the following code it works fine for small number of class variables, but if there are many, log and listing just gets too crowded.

ods trace on ;

ods output winsorizedmeans=means (keep= classvar mean rename=mean=winsorized_mean) ;

proc univariate winsorized = 0.10 data=mydata;

class classvar;

var var1 ;

run ;

ods trace off ;

Could anyone please suggest me what to do? I know how to change so that there is no listing output, but that doesn't solve huge log problem.

Maybe I'm just doing it in too complicated way and there is easier way to get winsorized mean values?

Thank you,

Ieva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You don't need ods trace on to run, unless you need it for some other reason. I'm guessing thats what's filling your log.

Google proc printto to see how to redirect your log to a file.

Try the following though, it should create the dataset with minimal output.

ods select none;

class classvar;

var  ;

ods output winsorizedmeans=means (keep= classvar mean rename=mean=winsorized_mean) ;

run ;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Do you have this in a macro loop. Otherwise, I don't see how you could be filling up the log. Maybe the Forum software "ate" some of your code? I am also seeing an empty VAR statement, which doesn't look right.

Without the code to guide me, try this:

%macro ODSOff();
   ods graphics off;
   ods <dest> exclude all;
   ods noresults;
%mend;

%macro ODSOn();
   ods results;
   ods <dest> exclude none;
   ods graphics on;
%mend;

Replace <dest> with whatever destingation you are using (sounds like LISTING.)

Before the UNIVARIATE code, use %ODSOff, and after the proc call use %ODSOn.

(Of course, you also want ODS TRACE OFF.)

Reeza
Super User

You don't need ods trace on to run, unless you need it for some other reason. I'm guessing thats what's filling your log.

Google proc printto to see how to redirect your log to a file.

Try the following though, it should create the dataset with minimal output.

ods select none;

class classvar;

var  ;

run ;

ieva
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Rick and Reeza for fast and useful answers! Now everything is working just great! Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation