BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xiangpang
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, 

I am trying to run a proc mianalyze on my genmod ouput. I see many example use ParameterEstimates to do analysis. But I thought ParameterEstimates (a_mvn) used initial parameter estimates for analysis from GEE. Why not use GEEEmpPEst result  (b_mvn)to do analysis in proc mianalyze step? please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks for help

proc genmod data = mi_mvn ;
model read = write female math progcat1 progcat2/ dist=bin link=logit;
		repeated subject=id / type=ind PRINTMLE;
ods output ParameterEstimates=a_mvn;
ODS output GEEEmpPEst =b_mvn;
run;

proc mianalyze parms=a_mvn;
modeleffects intercept write female math progcat1 progcat2;
ods output ParameterEstimates=POOL;
run;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, if you are using the REPEATED statement to fit a GEE model, then the parameter estimates from the final GEE model are in the GEEEmpPest object. As you note, the ParameterEstimates object only contains the estimates from the initial model that begins the GEE estimation process, so would not generally be of interest when using a GEE model. However, the ParameterEstimates object is what you would use for non-GEE models which are fit when the REPEATED statement is not specified.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, if you are using the REPEATED statement to fit a GEE model, then the parameter estimates from the final GEE model are in the GEEEmpPest object. As you note, the ParameterEstimates object only contains the estimates from the initial model that begins the GEE estimation process, so would not generally be of interest when using a GEE model. However, the ParameterEstimates object is what you would use for non-GEE models which are fit when the REPEATED statement is not specified.

xiangpang
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your confirmation. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation