BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pran909
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have a dataset and our dependent variable is measured at five different time points. we want to know if there is a difference between the two groups that we are studying (control and experimental). We also want to know if the dependent variable response is changing over time.

I found from various resources that a mixed model approach would be appropriate for my analysis. However, I would like to know what is the difference in the test statistic between the mixed models and repeated measures ANOVA (GLM)? do both these approaches use F-test for testing the significance effect? is there any difference in the way F-test statistic is computed between these two approaches?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
The topic of repeated measures is large and complex, and I don't think the discussion forum can really address all the issues that you need to consider. The approach to repeated measures in GLM is very different from the mixed-model approach (such as in MIXED or GLIMMIX). I recommend you read:
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/library/mixedglm.pdf
by Russ Wolfinger and co-author. It is now somewhat out of date (lots of new features in MIXED, etc.), but this may get you started.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation