BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thanoon
Calcite | Level 5

hi

i want to estimate parameters of sem by using weighted least square method but i have some question through the following sas program:

1- i want to write my own weight matrix how??

2- how can i write initial values?

3- how can i change link function here?

proc calis nobs=1000 data=MVO method=WLS;

var X1-X10;

lineqs

X1 = a1*F1+e1,

X2 = F1+e2,

X3 = F1+e3,

X4 = F1+e4,

X5 = a5*F2+e5,

X6 = F2+e6,

X7 = a7*F3+e7,

X8 = F3+e8,

X9 = a9*F4+e9,

X10 = F4+e10,

F2 = F1+d1,

F3 = F1+d2;

std

e1-e10 = The1-The10,

d1-d2 = psi1-psi2;

cov

e3 e5 = The11,

e4 e6 = The12;

weight;

run;

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The documentation for CALIS lays these out fairly clearly (and I would NEVER say that I am an expert in PROC CALIS).

1. In the PROC CALIS statement, use INWGT= to input the weight matrix.

2. In the PARAMETERS statement, initial values can be specified in parenthesis after the parameter name, for example: a1 (0.2), if you wanted an initial value of 0.2 for parameter a1.

3. There is no link function in PROC CALIS.

Steve Denham

thanoon
Calcite | Level 5

thanks alot mr. denham

i want to use categorical data with SEM then i must use link function in SEM like logit function and probit function i dont find these types of link function in sas but in other program available how can i solve this problem??

many thanks

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Transform the data prior to analysis.  Unfortunately, if you are doing the multivariate distribution with a cumulative logit, that can get rather difficult.  However, there are factor analysis parts to CALIS that I know nothing about, but which might accept categorical data.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation