BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LucyB
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a mortality outcome (yes/no) and a categorical predictor (white,hispanic,black, asian) I am running a logistic regression on.

I would like to see if some other factors, like age, type of med, etc. are risk factors for the death outcome. Would it be best to add to the model in a stepwise fashion? Would this answer my question, or would it be an interaction?

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

I could think many ways if you don't have a big table.

1) proc logistic

2) proc ADAPTIVEREG  (good for nonlinear relationship)

3) proc genmod + repeat (gee model)

4) proc glimmix (generalize linear mixed model)

I would highly recommend to use proc glimmix.

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If you fit a logistic model with all of the candidate predictors in PROC GENMOD and include the TYPE3 option, the table of type 3 tests gives you a test of the effect of each predictor after accounting for the others.  For example: 

proc genmod;

class race medtype;

model outcome(event="yes") = race medtype age a b c d e / dist=bin type3;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation