BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yeva_sahakyan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am analyzing systolic blood pressure (SBP) variation over time among subjects under  the intervention. The response variable is SBP measured weekly starting from baseline over the 24 week period (1 - 24weeks). I have missing data here and there in those measurments. Subject were categorized into 3 groups  based on their baseline SBP values ( (SBPgr_bsl = 1 if normotensives; 2  - with moderate hypertension and 3 -  with severe hypertension ) . The covariates are sex, age (in years),  diagnosis (copd, heart failure). The exploratory analysis of SBP variation over time showed steeper reduction at earlier weeks during the study so I create an additional logarithmically transformed "week" variable (log_week) to fit the data. I am looking for the appropriate command for the analysis, here are the options

Proc mixed data= monitoring;

class  SBPgr_bsl diagnosis sex  week ; /* I keep "week" variable here to be able to define it under repeated statement*/

model sbp =  SBPgr_bsl diagnosis sex age  log_week SBPgr_bsl*log_week/solution;

repeated week /type=ar(1) sub= id_patient r rcorr;

run;

or

class  SBPgr_bsl diagnosis sex ;

random int log_week /type=un sub= id_patient;

run;

or

class SBPgr_bsl diagnosis sex week ;

random int /sub= id_patient;

repeated week /type=SP(pow)(log_week) sub= id_patient rcorr;

run;

Also i would like to report on differences  between baseline and 24th week among SBPgr_bsl = 1, SBPgr_bsl = 2 SBPgr_bsl = 3, however lsmeans statement is working when i have time as a categorical variable and not as a continous. Would you please advise how to request the above mentioned differences?

Thanks you, Yeva

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation