BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mgrzyb
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am confused.  I have longitudinal data where patients came in for 20 to 30 times (visits).  Blood sugar was measured before and after a treatment.  

1. I know how to get the differences between the before and after (delta) of the blood sugar value.

2. However, there is only 1 treatment.  I have done this before using 2 treatments, but not 1 treatment. I read in a SAS book that this type of study is not the best design to use.  However, it's all we could do.  

So my question is, what do use to assess the delta blood sugars (all 20-30) over time?  Proc Mixed uses 2 treatments.  I have to consider covariates as well, b/c age advanced over these treatments and their medications changed, too. 

My data can be in long or short form - but if you can help with code and test to use, please say if the code is using long or short (across) data.  

I'm stuck. Thank you!   MG

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_Paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey,

I'm not sure how the design of your study looks like (e.g., what exactly is your DV; did the treatment take place somewhere in the sequences (20 to 30)). 

Bye, Daniel  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation