BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
michellel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am looking into some cost (Dependent Variable) for three (3) different kind of surgeries and plan to present the mean of predicted cost for each of three surgery groups. The independent variables will be surgery group, comorbidity, and variables for some socio demographic information. I think I should use generalized linear model (proc genmod) with gamma distribution. My SAS code is listed below. When I ran the code, there always were two same errors shown. I am not sure about the reason. I had nothing to do with SUBFUNC, and did not assign any library named SUBFUNC. Could you give me some hints? Another question is even though there were error shown up, I still got the result. Can I just use this result?

Thanks so much!

Proc genmod data=abc.mydata;

ERROR: Libref SUBFUNC is not assigned.

WARNING: Unable to load prototypes from 'subfunc.cmplib'.

Class  surgery_cat  female  race_cat  income_cat  urban  comorbidity_cat;

Model  payment = surgery_cat  age female race_cat  college  income_cat urban comorbidity_cat / dist=gamma link=log ;

Output out=abc.resultdata  prob=p;

Run;

proc means n mean stddev CLM data=abc.resultdata;

class surgery_cat;

var p;

run;

3 REPLIES 3
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This seems like an issue for Technical Support.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Clearly SAS thinks that you have defined a library of functions. Have you been experimenting with PROC PROTO or PROC FCMP recently? Have you exited SAS and then restarted?  If so, there could be some incorrect statements in your configuration file. Try running the following statement and look in the log to see if the COMPLIB= option has been assigned a value.

options option=(cmplib) value;

run;

bng123
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Michellel,

Did you resolve the issue?

error in gamma GLM

WARNING: Unable to load prototypes from 'subfunc.cmplib'.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation