BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlexeyS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, i have two questions :

1. i didn't understand what is difference between proc varclus and proc cluster(hierarchical clusterin)?  why i need proc varclus? (if i have data with 200 variables)

2. when i run proc varclus i write option of tree. at the end i want to know which variable at what cluster? how i know it? what i need write in procedure to get this?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

1. Proc Cluster -> clusters observations together

Proc VarClus -> clusters variables together. 

2. Capture the ODS table

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/faq/odsexample.htm

Check the structure of OutTree dataset. Not sure if it's one of those that can be used or only contains data for Proc tree. 

AlexeyS
Pyrite | Level 9

Can you explain me please, how can i know that proc varclus well clustered my variables? there a lot of otpus and i don't understand where i should see the the goodness of clustering. thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation