BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
agparsons
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am new to survey analysis  and PROC SURVEYFREQ.  Because we are using denominators that are based on survey data I have been assigned to update confidence intervals to take into account survey error. I have been given some code that uses the Standard Error for Weighted Sum (SEWGT) output from SUDAAN, but the programs that generate our denomintors use SURVEYFREQ

Does PROC SURVEYFREQ produce the Standard Error for weighted sum?

here is a piece of the SUDAAN based code I have been given;

StdErr = (Admit / PWD**2) * SEWGT;

Variance = StdErr ** 2;

Here is an example of the SURVEYFREQ code that we are currently using. does this code produce the necessary output,to plug into the above formula (admit and PWD is computed elsewhere in the code)?

proc surveyfreq data = diab_12;

tables (sex age4cat county dist_o ins) * diab_o/ row cl;

strata _ststr;

cluster _psu;

weight _llcpwt;

run;

Thanks,

Alison

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drb4511
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes. According to the SAS manual "The standard errors computed by PROC SURVEYFREQ are based on the multistage stratified design of the survey. This differs from some of the traditional analysis procedures, which assume the design is simple random sampling from an infinite population." See: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_surveyfreq_g...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
drb4511
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes. According to the SAS manual "The standard errors computed by PROC SURVEYFREQ are based on the multistage stratified design of the survey. This differs from some of the traditional analysis procedures, which assume the design is simple random sampling from an infinite population." See: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_surveyfreq_g...

agparsons
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank You ! this is really helpful.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation