BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

I am using a data set in proc shewhart that has 180 observations for each by group combination. I would like to use the 180 observations to calculate all the statistics and display on the chart. However, I would only like to run the tests on the last 30 days. Basically, for the first 120 observations, it should not display if a test was violated or not - only for the last 30 observations.

Is this possible? I don't mind using multiple proc shewhart procedures to get around this issue.

Thanks,
kdp
3 REPLIES 3
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
I think you have figured out the basic procedure.

First, run PROC SHEWHART on all data, tell it to create no charts, and save the limits to a file.

Second, run PROC SHEWHART on just the data you want to chart, tell it to use the limits calculated above.
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
I actually want to chart all 180 observations. I just want it to show test violations in the last 30 observations. There might have been test violations in the first 120 days, but I don't want it to show on the chart.

I think that this might not be possible. 😞
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
I am not aware of a way to do this with PROC SHEWHART commands. It is probably possible using ANNOTATE graphics.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation