BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mmjohnson
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to run a regression analysis in SAS using proc reg with two sets of variables (second set includes the first set). But I don't want to use selection=stepwise because I don't want any variables discarded based on their contribution. I use SAS 9.4

Basically want to first run

model intention = var_a var_b var_c 

and then run another model

model intention = var_a var_b var_c var_d var_e

and see the change in R2, F, significance between the two models.

I ran it in SPSS (output attached) and this is what I want to get in SAS too. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Since PROC REG is interactive, you can include as many model statements as you want.  The only thing you will not get in the output is a likelihood ratio test, but that can be calculated from the Type I sums of squares.  See the following:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_reg_examples...

In that example there are only two variables entered into one of the two model statements, and one into the other, but you should be able to easily expand this example to your code.

Steve Denham

mmjohnson
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, that is helpful. But I was also looking to get a table showing the change in R-squared, F-statistic and p-value between the two models. Do you know where I could find a reference for that option?

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

ODS output statements can put all of the fit statistics into a dataset, and from there you can do about anything.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation