BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ravi101
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using proc panel to do some analysis.

(

proc panel outest=parms data = comgasfinal2 ;

id pa year;

model cngc_fs =  time1 gasprice gsp1 hddcon scgc sdgec pgep1 scgp1 sdgep1/ rantwo parks;

output out=panelout p=forecast;

run;

)

I am not sure if its me or it's the procedure but I am not able to forecast the future values of the dependent variable. Procedures like proc reg allow automatic calculation of  the future values of the dependent variable. Is this a limitation of proc panel? If so, is there a macro that I can use to automatically generate the final equation for the parameters estimated by proc panel?

Ravi

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Says in the doc :

If there are observations in the input data set with missing dependent
variable values but with nonmissing regressors, PROC PANEL can compute predicted
values and store them in an output data set by using the OUTPUT statement. Note
that the presence of such observations with missing dependent variable values
does not affect the model fit because these observations are excluded from the
calculation.

So, all you need is some observations with the independent variable values for which you want predictions.

PG

PG
ravi101
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried that but I get a error message saying you can't have any missing values in the dependent variable. Where did you read that it is ok to have missing values in the dependent variable?

Ravi

ravi101
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, wow it does say that but I get this is error when I include the missing values for the dependent variable and non missing values for the independent variables.

ERROR: Each observation for time point year=2011 has a missing value for at

least one variable in MODEL statement .

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation