BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sonyboy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there,

A question about proc panel .

I know in the newer version of SAS, there is a new option « newey-west » that corrects for heteroscedasticity. However, I use the version 9.2 and that new optionality does not seem to exist.

My question is within the proc panel , does “hccme=4” do a similar and equally comprehensive  correction to the what  “newey-west”  does in newer versions such as  SAS 12.2? If not, I would appreciate a suggestion as to how to correct possible autocorrelation and heteroscedasticity issues while using proc panel in SAS 9.2?

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi Sonyboy,

In SAS 9.22 the most advanced heteroskedasticity SE correction is the option HCCME=4.  Reference for this correction is here.

SAS/ETS(R) 9.22 User's Guide

There is no canned correction for autocorrelation in that version.

Best of luck. -Ken

ets_kps
SAS Employee

I should mention though that you can access the newest version of SAS here.

Try SAS® Now!

Which you can use as long as you follow the License agreement. -Ken

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation