BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mahmood
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have got a problem and wondering if someone can help me please. I am trying Proc Mixed with the random intercept: and getting a problem. I have done multiple imputation (so, there are 10, for example _imputation_ = 1 ...._imputation_ = 10). The proc mixed is as follows (variable names are just for example):

proc sort data = reg_fin_1 ;

by _imputation_ ID ;

run;

proc mixed data = reg_fin_1 noitprint PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= 20000000000) ;

class ID ;

by _imputation_ ;

model Y = x1 x2 x3

/solution ddfm = bw residual ;

random intercept / subject = NEW_PIN type = un ;

ods output solutionF=mxparms3 ;

run;

The problem is that I get the following message:

Estimated G matrix is not positive definite.

The above message was for the following BY group: _imputation_=1

Estimated G matrix is not positive definite.

The above message was for the following BY group: _imputation_=2

However, I don't get this notice when I run proc mixed with the complete cases: I mean, excluded the missing values, hence no imputation, and unlike the multiple imputation I have one dataset.

Thanks to all.

Rahid

1 REPLY 1
mahmood
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Thanks to everyone. This "error" has been solved: the problem was due to the organization the imputed data properly. Howeve, I have another question: First of all, this is a longitudinal/panel data. I have a random intercept model and the G matrix I am getting shows (only) row one for the first ID:

Estimated G Matrix

Row    Effect       NEW_PIN         Col1

1    Intercept       10001      0.1448

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation