Hello everyone,

Suppose I have a simple repeated measures model:

proc mixed;
class id group time;
model y=group time /s;
repeated time/ type=un subject=id rci=1,2,3;
ods output InvCholR(match_all)=test1
run;

the model itself is not important in this case. My question involves the bolded part. I want to save the InvCholR matrices for each subject that was used in the model and the ods output command will take care of that. My problem here is that I have over 60 subjects and not all have full data thus not every subject is being used.

The only way I can see which subjects where used is to look at the Class Level Information and then manually sit there and type rci=1,2,5,7,8,12,14,.....

Does anyone know of a way to tell the rci option to use all the subjects used? That way I can say rci=match_all (or something of that sort) and it will give me the rci of all subjects?

Cheers
George
1 REPLY 1
Dale
Pyrite | Level 9
First of all, I believe that the RCI option takes an ordered subject number with the order value corresponding to ordered ID among the subjects who are used to fit the model. I believe that if you specify more "subjects" to the RCI option than there are subjects employed in the analysis, that the MIXED procedure will not have a problem with the excess subject count. So, if you would have at most 100 subjects - but possibly fewer subjects in some analyses - then you should be able to specify

proc mixed;
class id group time;
model y=group time /s;
repeated time/ type=un subject=id rci=1 to 100;
ods output InvCholR(match_all)=test1
run;

Try that and report whether that approach will work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation