BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nbryan5_
Calcite | Level 5

I am attempting the procedure in sas with the following code, but SAS keeps hanging up.  Naturally I assume I have done something wrong with the statement:

data counts;

infile "/folders/myfolders/counts2.txt" dlm='09'x missover lrecl=10000 firstobs=2;

input flight $ cells;

proc print;

run;

proc sort data=counts out=counts2;

by flight;

run;

proc glimmix data=counts2;

class flight;

model cells=flight link=log dist=negbinomial;

run;

What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

For starters where is it "hanging up"?

Run each piece individually and check the log in between to identify the issue. And how big is your dataset (counts2) with how many distinct flights?

nbryan5_
Calcite | Level 5

I am running SAS studio and when I click the running man I getting a running...... message with a spinning wheel but no conclusion, and no error log.

There are about 3000 lines in the data set from 10 different flights.

Reeza
Super User

Separate it out. Run the import first and see if that works. If that means copying the code over reach time then do so. I haven't played around with SAS Studio so don't know if there's a submit selected or submit all button yet.

For example, does this alone work?

data counts;

infile "/folders/myfolders/counts2.txt" dlm='09'x missover lrecl=10000 firstobs=2;

input flight $ cells;

run;

nbryan5_
Calcite | Level 5

gave sas studio a reboot and I now have output. 

I can even add the lsmeans and get an answer.  Is there a way to incorporate a Tukey style comparison in the glimmix?

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

There is a way, but I would suggest using the Edwards/Berry method (simulate= option).  Tukey's method depends pretty strongly on a gaussian distribution for accurate adjustments. (See Westfall et al., Multiple Comparisons and Multiple Tests  Using SAS, 2nd ed.).  The code would look like:

lsmeans flight/diff adjust=simulate(seed=1) adjdfe=row;

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation