BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SpanishPhD
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

This is my final survival model for a bird breeding colony, and I would take the residuals. I know that in proc mixed I must write "/outp=" just behind the model, but I do not know what should I use in proc glimmix.

proc glimmix data=Survival INFOCRIT=PQ  noreml;

class treartment attempt year nest ring;

model Survival = treatment Year attempt Treatment*attempt size/ dist= binomial link=logit solution cl;

random Year/ subject=ring(nest) type=Cs residual;

lsmeans  treatment;

run;

Thanks very much for your help.

Best wishes,

Jaime

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The documentation for PROC GLIMMIX is very helpful. It says you should add an OUTPUT statement

SAS/STAT(R) 13.2 User's Guide

--
Paige Miller
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

What are you going to do with the residuals from a binomial distribution?  Recall that there is no "error term" outside of the model formulation for a generalized linear mixed model that employs a binomial distribution, as there would be for models employing a normal or lognormal distribution.  Original scale "residuals" will consist of a set of negative ones, zeroes, and positive ones.  These are good for calculating concordances or ROC curves, if that is where you are going.

Steve Denham

SpanishPhD
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much!

In case of not getting the model residuals, I would not integrating the effect of "size". Then... Would it be correct to use only raw data to examine the results graphically without taking into account other significant covariates?

Best whishes,

Jaime

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation