BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Chiara1
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear all,

I have a problem with PROC GENMOD, exactly the passage from sas 9.2 to sas 9.4.

The code is:

proc genmod data = datasetname1;
class GROUPN factor2 factor3;
model var_count = GROUPN factor2 factor3 covariate1/ TYPE3 offset=logtime dist=negbin;
lsmeans GROUPN / ilink cl;
estimate 'TRT1 vs TRT2' GROUPN 1 -1 / exp;
run;quit;

I added ILINK option because in this way the results from sas 9.2 and the results from sas 9.4 will be the same.

BUT sometimes, in sas 9.4 the model not converge (while in sas 9.2 converge) and the results are not the same. I try to add iterations with MAXITER=200 and the model in sas 9.4 converge BUT the results still not the same as the results in SAS 9.2. 

I think there is a defoult option chenges from sas 9.2 to sas 9.4 but I don't understand wuich.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Cheers,

Chiara1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chiara1
Fluorite | Level 6

With the addition of NOLOGNB option (added with version 9.4), the results will be the same as in version 9.2

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest you look at this thread

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Statistical-Procedures/Question-re-Consistency-of-GLIMMIX-results...

which is similar. To summarize the discussion there: Many possible changes can lead to different behavior, including compiler changes, 32-bit vs 64-bit versions of SAS, changes to the underlying algorithm, etc.  These problems tend to be compounded if you specify a model that does not fit the data well. 

Chiara1
Fluorite | Level 6

With the addition of NOLOGNB option (added with version 9.4), the results will be the same as in version 9.2

Regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation