BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SWEETSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I like to estimate prevalence ratio from a complex survey design using SAS, but it appears that the SURVEY procedure do not support the link function that I need.

I will like to use either Poison distribution or log-binomial model, but  Surveylogistic support only odds ratio, and the journal does not want odds ratio. 

Doe any one know how to proceed with this?

Thanks,

Jack

7 REPLIES 7
Ksharp
Super User

proc genmod can support customize link function. I don't know if proc surveylogistic could .

SWEETSAS
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks Ksharp. The problem is that I am not aware whether GENMOD can be used for analysis of complex survey; for example, it does not allow finite population correction like the SURVEYLOGISTIC do.
Ksharp
Super User

I Agree. So I leave it to other experts ( Steve,lvm,Jacob....).

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

If you dont have any other covariates you want to adjust for, then you can use PROC SURVEYFREQ and the option "OR" in the table statement will provide estimates and confidence intervals for the oddsratio as will as the risk ratio (prevalence).

In case have some other covariates then I dont think there is any procedure that can give the estimates directly. Perhaps PROC SURVEYPHREG may help you. I guess so because of the relation between Cox-regression and Poisson regression (conditioning on the intercept or a class variable in Poisson regression will give a likelihoodfunction similar to Breslows likelihood). Though, I dont know if this relation exist still exist when accounting for finite samplesize.

Bren
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you SWEETSAS for the question and JacobSimonsen for some direction.   SWEETSAS, what did you end up doing?  I have the same problem today and I don't want to learn Stata. I would like to compute adjusted prevalence ratios using a complex survey dataset that requires the use of replicate weights and balanced repeated replication. I'd like to use the Poisson distribution.

SWEETSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Bren:

I used SURVEYPHREG because of the relation between Cox's regression model and Poisson regression model. One merely needs to manipulate the data so that the procedure can interprete time and the censor indicator correctly.

Thanks,

J

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

This should also be possible by using the STORE statement to save the fitted model from PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC, and then using the NLEstimate macro to estimate the risk ratio since it is just a nonlinear combination of the model parameters.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation