BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sunhee
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to analyze count data using poisson regression. Regarding poisson regression analysis, is survey data analysis (i.e., analyzing subgroups and incorporating a complex sampling design such as weights, clusters, and strata) applicable using SAS? My understanding is that it is not possible with SAS 9.3.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

What is your question exactly?

You can perform Poisson regression in SAS/STAT 9.3 using PROC GENMOD Poisson Regression

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

There is no SAS procedure for survey analysis of count data similar to PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC for binary data.  However, you may be able to use the trick described in this paper to use logistic regression to fit a Poisson model.  It may be possible to use this trick along with PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC to do what you want.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation