BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SWEETSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello:

Please, I want to obtain adjusted event rate using genmod procedure. For two groups this is quite easy using the lsmeans statement. My outcome is a count of event which follows Poisson distribution.

That is,

proc genmod data=me;

class group;

model outcome=group age weight/link=log dist=poisson

lsmeean group/exp;

run;

Where group variable has two groups code 1 if group=0 and 0 if group=1;

Now, I have only one arm, but I will still like to obtain the adjusted rate (i.e. adjusting for age and weight). Does any one know if this is possible in the genmod procedure? I will also like to know if similar adjusted estimate is possible using the GLM procedure as I have another variable that is continuous.

Thanks,

Jack.

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The intercept is the source for the adjusted rate in a single arrm trial.  You "adjust out" for the continuous covariates, and get the "rate" at the mean values of the covariates.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation