BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
akonamone
Calcite | Level 5

Hi - I am using PROC MIXED to estimate a longitudinal  model. Below is a sample code

PROC MIXED DATA=TEST3 COVTEST NOCLPRINT NOITPRINT METHOD=ML;

CLASS SUBID RACE;

MODEL=TMA PRAC CAGE  RACE|CAGE/SOLUTION DDFM=BETWITHIN  OUTP=P ;

RANDOM INTERCEPT CAGE/SOLUTION TYPE=UN SUBJECT=SUBID;

RUN;

TMA is a continous outcome variable, PRAC is a cumumlative continous exposure variable (cumulative exposure to a toxic drug) and CAGE is a grand mean centered age variable, RACE is a three categroical level race variable.  My main predictor of interest is PRAC. My question is in order to estimate the association between PRAC and TMA - over duration of study, I include PRAC|CAGE interaction in the model?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

it would certainly let you know if the relationship between PRAC and TMA differed due to CAGE.  I did notice what is probably a typo in your model statement--the equals sign should follow TMA, not precede it.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

it would certainly let you know if the relationship between PRAC and TMA differed due to CAGE.  I did notice what is probably a typo in your model statement--the equals sign should follow TMA, not precede it.

Steve Denham

akonamone
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the correction.

akonamone
Calcite | Level 5

I have another related question for the cumumlative continous exposure variable PRAC. How can I query PROC MIXED to produce estimates of slopes at various points on the association curve between PRAC and the outcome. For instance, if I wanted to know the slopes of the outcome when PRAC = 50?

Thank you

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

This looks like you need to use an ESTIMATE statement with a SUBJECT option to set up random-effect contrasts.

Or use the LSMEANS statement with an AT option.  However, that wouldn't give you a slope, but rather a point estimate at, for instance, PRAC = 50.

The thing here is that the random intercept and slope are independent of the value of PRAC, so maybe I am completely misinterpreting your question.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation