BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kealnit
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm searching the method to calculate the little's test (1988) for hypothesis of MNAR.

hypot

does anyone has the answer ?

thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I don't think SAS implemented Little's test. However, the MNAR statement in PROC MI (SAS/STAT 13.1) performs sensitivity tests for the MAR assumption, which might be sufficient for you. In the book Multiple Imputation of Missing Data Using SAS, the authors say (p. 4) "Little (1988) presents a likelihood ratio test...that the data are MCAR.... Although useful in some special cases, this test is not sufficient to establish that the missing data mechanism is ignorable."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Try this google search

proc MI test mcar site:sas.com

PROC MI may be able to address your question.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I don't think SAS implemented Little's test. However, the MNAR statement in PROC MI (SAS/STAT 13.1) performs sensitivity tests for the MAR assumption, which might be sufficient for you. In the book Multiple Imputation of Missing Data Using SAS, the authors say (p. 4) "Little (1988) presents a likelihood ratio test...that the data are MCAR.... Although useful in some special cases, this test is not sufficient to establish that the missing data mechanism is ignorable."

H
Pyrite | Level 9 H
Pyrite | Level 9

I will have to check out the Proc MI approach referenced above. Though, I just ran Little's test earlier this week using the following macro:

mcartest

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Awesome.  Who wrote the macro and where can I download it?

H
Pyrite | Level 9 H
Pyrite | Level 9

I saw the macro referenced in a couple of SAS User Group papers.  One place it is located is here:

Macro Programs | Applied Missing Data .com

I also saw Yuming Ning listed as the author at another location. Though, I believe when using it, you can only use all numeric or categorical data (or perhaps numeric and categorical coded as integers). I would be interested in seeing the results from the macro compared to the results from a program where the test is built in.

How do you get at the MCAR test in Proc MI??

Side  note, I have your Simulation book Rick and just upgraded to SAS 9.4. If I get a chance I would like to try running the code to simulate multiple categorical variables. I could not get it to run right before. There was an erratum in the book and my version of SAS was  before the 9.3 second maintenance version. It does take much to confuse me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation