BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HimaAalamuri
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

i have one issue right now, please help me to move forward.

i used logistic model with forward selection method to find out significat covariates. in this case i got weight a significant variable from logistic procedure. then i got a comment that "why weight significant variable. please cross check and let me know the reason"? so in this case how can i cross check why this variable (Weight) significant?

please suggest me how to resolve this problem?

Many Thanks,

Hima

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Have you looked at data plots to see how the response variable trends with respect to weight?  Also, since you used an automated selection method, there is a very strong possibility that it got included because there are moderating or mediating variables previously included.  Search this site for links to Flom and Cassell's SUGI article pointing out problems with stepwise variable selection methods.

In the end, "why" questions come down to your subject specific knowledge about the field and your data.  Statistical analysis can help illuminate this, but it cannot answer it.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation