BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
janbeyers
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently analyzing some DV which represents aproportion and a fractional logit model seems most appropriate. In addition to this, my data has a multilevel structure, implying that I include a random intercept (hhic, legal and age are measures at the group-level agency).

This is the syntax: 

proc glimmix data=consultations empirical;
class agency consultationtype(ref='1') complexitytext(ref="1") com_dummy(ref="0") format targetgroup;
model p_nonregulated=legal age hhic hhic*legal legal*age consultationtype complexitytext format duration l_mob_total
/dist=binomial link=logit solution;
random _residual_/subject=agency type=vc;
covtest/wald;
output out=predp pred(ilink)=p;
run;

My question concerns the interpretation of the coefficients, which I find difficult to interpret (in terms of change in the independent variable corresponds with variation in the dependent variable). More specifically, I have some coefficients which are pretty large (<3.00), although standard errors seems normal. My hunch is that this related to the scaling of the dependent and independent variable. Namely, the estimates where I have large coefficients concern covariates that range between 0 and 1 (HHIC is a proportion), while the esitmate (fixed effect) concerns how one unit change in the dependent variable shapes the outcome variable. 

See the output attached.

Jan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation