BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
emiliefranck
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I'm doing a structural equation model with in this case one latent variabele 'SES' and a lot of independent manifest variables and my dependent variable 'alcohol' is also manifest. So I want to make an interaction term between my latent variabele 'SES' and alcohol consumption so that I can see if for example variabele 15 has an effect at this interactionterm (what is the effect of variabele 15 on alcoholconsumption (dependent manifest var) and how does this effect differs between the different SES groups). Now I'm using a proc calis statement with the LINEQS statement:

PROC CALIS DATA = ..:

LINEQS

F1 = ...

F2 = ....

But how can I define a interaction term between for example F1 (SES in this case) and the manifest variable 'alcohol'? 

Thank you very much for the help!!

Kind regards,

Emilie Franck

3 REPLIES 3
emiliefranck
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I'm doing a structural equation model with in this case one latent variabele 'SES' and a lot of independent manifest variables and my dependent variable 'alcohol' is also manifest. So I want to make an interaction term between my latent variabele 'SES' and alcohol consumption so that I can see if for example variabele 15 has an effect at this interactionterm (what is the effect of variabele 15 on alcoholconsumption (dependent manifest var) and how does this effect differs between the different SES groups). Now I'm using a proc calis statement with the LINEQS statement:

PROC CALIS DATA = ..:

LINEQS

F1 = ...

F2 = ....

But how can I define a interaction term between for example F1 (SES in this case) and the manifest variable 'alcohol'? 

Thank you very much for the help!!

Kind regards,

Emilie Franck

emiliefranck
Calcite | Level 5

sorry, 

I didn't know in wich platform I needed to post this 🙂 First time, so I thought to do so in different platforms because not everybody would see it! My apoligies for this!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation