BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jonyu
Calcite | Level 5

I want to get the AIC/BIC from proc phreg procedure for a frailty model. A snippet of the code is seen below:

proc phreg data=local.slk;
class eth_group gender_liv region_liv/ param=ref ref=first;
model gtime_ki_n*gstatus_ki_n(0)= bmi_calc_liv eth_group GENDER_liv /risklimits ;
random region_liv;

run;

Currently, the only output is the marginal likelihood estimate. Is there a way to get the AIC/BIC criterions as well?

2 REPLIES 2
aa84
Calcite | Level 5

I realize this was posted a while ago, but was there any resolution? I am having similar difficulties with the restriction on proc phreg capabilities when implemented a shared frailty.  How can one assess model fit?

shivarajmishra
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Trusted SAS Users,

I am having similar issues. I want to get AIC/BIC values for my Frailty model using a random statement to account for variability between studies in proc phreg.

Does anyone have an idea of how this can be calculated?

My (tentative) syntax is below,

proc phreg data=cvd1c;
ods output ParameterEstimates = ParameterEstimates;
class meno7cat(ref='50-52 yrs' param=ref) study byc3cat racethnicity5cat education3 smoking_b bmi5cat nochildcat hrtuse_b afb2;
model YearsCVD*CVDicd_ever(0)=meno7cat byc3cat racethnicity5cat education3 smoking_b bmi5cat nochildcat hrtuse_b afb2
/ALPHA=0.05 RISKLIMITS=wald;
Random study/solution;
format meno7cat meno7catf.;
run;

I am only getting the marginal likelihood value. Can this be equated as -2LogL? 

Marginal Loglikelihood

Full output below,

Summary of the Number of Event and CensoredValuesTotal Event Censored PercentCensored

Convergence Status
Convergence criterion (PCONV=0.0001) satisfied.

Marginal Loglikelihood

Testing Global Null HypothesisTest Chi-Square AdjustedDF Pr > ChiSqLikelihood RatioWald
3291.103151.44<.0001
3660.989451.44<.0001

Covariance Parameter EstimatesCov Parm REML Estimate StandardErrorstudy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation