BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Atims
Fluorite | Level 6
Age being the covariate i am adjusting age. But not sure how to make the survival curve with adjusted rate. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Atims
Fluorite | Level 6
Sure I will try with reference. Also what documentatio are you talking about? Thank you again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Assuming SAS/STAT 14.1 (SAS 9.4)

Add the PLOTS=Survival statement to your PROC PHREG statement to get a survival curve. Note that the survival curve will be for a specified age value, usually the average. You can choose to have a different value used if required, usually to make it easier to interpret or explain. 

Atims
Fluorite | Level 6
Do i also use the mean for categorical variable?or is it just for continious variables?Thanks for the comment.
Reeza
Super User

Uh...you can't take an average of a categorical variable? Possibly an ordinal, but it wouldn't make logistical sense.

Use the Reference Category or a category of interest in this case. See what the documentation states as well.

Atims
Fluorite | Level 6
Sure I will try with reference. Also what documentatio are you talking about? Thank you again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation